Renter hereby rents to the Rentee’ identified on page 1, the vehicle described, subject to all the terms and provisions of the Agreement.
1. DRIVERS: In no event, shall the Vehicle be used, operated or driven by any person other than the Rentee’ or qualified licensed drivers at least 21 years of age that have Renter’s advance permission to use the Vehicle and whose names appear on Page 1 hereof.
2. PROHIBITED USE: The Vehicle shall not be used:
1. For transportation of people for compensation;
2. In any race, test, or competitive event;
3. Outside the United States without first obtaining Renters written permission
4. By any person NOT specified in Paragraph 1 above;
5. In violation of any federal, state, or local laws;
6. While under the influence of intoxicants or drugs;
7. To push or tow any vehicle except a trailer properly attached to the 5th wheel of a tractor or except a single axle 2-wheel lightweight trailer if the vehicle is equipped with a towing hitch installed for or by the Renter but not to be a bumper snap-on hitch. In no event should passengers be carried in or on a trailer.
8. To leave the keys in or not to properly lock up or secure the vehicle (excluding valet parking);
9. If further use of the vehicle would cause damage (i.e. warning light on, flat tire, steam rising from the engine);
10. To carry hazardous or explosive substances;
11. To transport a total vehicle and payload weight in excess of the gross vehicle weight as specified on the vehicle but the vehicle payload weight shall not exceed that which is specified on page 1 hereof;
12. To drive in or through a structure where there is insufficient clearance, whether of height or width – or off regularly maintained roadways;
13. To drive the vehicle if cargo is improperly and/or not secured. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RENTEE SUBRENT OR RELEASE THE VEHICLE TO ANOTHER PERSON OR CORPORATION. If the vehicle is obtained from renter by fraud or misrepresentation or is obtained WITHOUT RENTER'S PERMISSION, the foregoing conditions are cumulative and each of them shall apply to every use, operation or driving of the vehicle.
3. RETURN OF THE VEHICLE: The Vehicle is the property of the Renter and shall be returned to the Renter’s address or at a place designed by Renter and on the date shown on Page 1 or earlier if demanded, together with all tires, tools, accessories, and equipment in the same condition as when received, ordinary wear and tear expected. Failure to return the Vehicle to the place and on the date as set forth in this Agreement will terminate Renter’s permission for the Rentee’ to use the Vehicle and thus will terminate the extension of all insurance coverage herein provided. If the rented Vehicle is returned to Renter at any place other than that listed herein, Rentee’ agrees to pay all expenses incurred by Renter to have the Vehicle returned. Renter or any of its agents or employees may peacefully repossess the vehicle without demand wherever found and terminate this Rental Agreement if the vehicle is illegally parked and is used in any way be liable to Rentee’ for damages resulting from such repossession. The Rentee' will be responsible for the loss or damage to any property of the Rentees' contained within the vehicle.
4. AMOUNTS DUE RENTOR: Rentee shall pay Renter on demand:
A) All times and mileage charges as computed on Page 1 of this Agreement with mileage determined by reading the Vehicle odometer or hubodometer. Rentee shall NOT detach the odometer or hubodometer and shall pay for its repair or replacement if any seal has been broken along with a mileage charge adjustment to the average charge developed from Renter’s experience;
B) Basic or minimum rate, service, Vehicle Damage Waiver, and other changes shown on Page 1 hereof;
C) Refueling charge if the Vehicle is returned with less fuel than when rented and as indicated on Page 1 hereof, the rate does not include fuel;
D) All states, use excise or other tax charges on Page 1 hereof, by Renter as reimbursement for taxes paid. Rentee is responsible for fuel, weight, and road use permits;
E) All fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs and out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Renter with respect to Rentees use of the Vehicle including parking, traffic, or other violations assessed against Renter, the Vehicle or Rentee, unless due to Renter’s fault;
F) Renter’s costs and expenses including reasonable attorney's fees (unless prohibited by law), incurred in collecting any payments due hereunder or in repossessing the Vehicle;
G) Renter’s costs and expenses resulting from loss or damage to the Vehicle while on rental, whether due to Rentees fault, except if Rentee has otherwise complied with the terms and provisions of this Agreement. Rentees liability for loss or damage to the Vehicle by fire, theft, collision, upset or other causes insured under the Comprehensive and Collision or Upset Coverage of an automobile physical damage insurance policy is limited to a MAXIMUM of the amount written on Page 1 of this Agreement or is waived by Renter on Page 1 of this Agreement at time of rental. NOTE: Vehicle Damage Waiver does not cover loss or damage to the Vehicle resulting from any violation of the terms of Paragraph 1. DRIVERS or Paragraph 2. PROHIBITED USE of this Agreement for missing Vehicle parts or for interior Vehicle damage other than normal wear or tear caused by Vehicle occupants including animals.
5. INDEMNITY: Rentee releases and holds Renter, its agents and employees, harmless from all claims for loss or damage to any property of Rentee or any other person left in, on, or about the Vehicle, either before or after its return to the Renter or on Renter’s premises without regard to any negligence by Renter or any of its agents or employees. Rentee shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Renter from and against any and all loses, liabilities, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs and expenses, arising out of the use or possession of the Vehicle including, but not limited to any and all fines, penalties, and forfeitures imposed under any Federal, State Municipal, or other statute law, ordinance, rule, regulation, or insurance policy provision, and to the extent not covered by insurance any claims of, or liabilities to, third persons arising out of the abandonment, conversion, secretion, concealment, or unauthorized sale of the vehicle by Rentee or its drivers, agents or employees, or the confiscation of the Vehicle by any governmental authority for illegal or improper use of the Vehicle. Additionally, Rentee shall indemnify and hold Renter harmless for all loss, liability, and expense more than the limits of liability provided for herein because of bodily injury, death, or property damage arising out of the use or operation of the Vehicle.
7. NO AGENCY: Neither Rentee nor any other driver of the Vehicle shall be or is deemed to be the agent, servant or employee of the Renter for any reason or for any purpose.
During the term of this Agreement, Rentee shall completely assume full responsibility for the Vehicle to the public and any regulatory body having jurisdiction.
8. REPAIRS: Rentee shall not permit any repairs to the Vehicle or suffer any lien to be placed upon it without Renter’s consent. Rentee shall be liable for such repairs.
9.ACCIDENTS: Rentee shall immediately report any accident to Renter and deliver to Renter or its insurer every process, pleading, notice, or paper of any kind received by Rentee or any driver of the Vehicle relating to any claim, suit or proceeding connected with any accident or event involving the Vehicle. Neither Rentee nor any driver of the Vehicle shall aid or abet the assertion of any such claim, suit or proceeding and shall cooperate fully with Renter and its insurer in investigating and defending the same.
10. CREDIT CHARGES: In the event the Rentee directs Renter to bill charges hereunder to any other person, or organization, such person or organization and Rentee shall be jointly and severally liable for all such charges. RENTEE EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZES RENTOR TO PROCESS A CREDIT CARD VOUCHER, IF ANY, IN HIS NAME FOR CHARGES MADE HEREUNDER.
CONTRACT NUMBER: MAKE AND MODEL: LICENSE #: DATE: INSURANCE:
The customer agrees to maintain automobile insurance during the term of this rental agreement, providing the owner, the renter, and any other person using or operating the rental vehicle with the following primary coverage: A). Bodily Injury and property damage liability coverage; B). personal injury protection, no-fault, or similar coverage where required; C). Uninsured/underinsured coverage where required, and D). Comprehensive and collision damage coverage extending to the rental vehicle. Customer’s insurance will provide at least the minimum limits of coverage required by the financial responsibility laws of the state where the loss occurs. Because the customer is providing automobile insurance, we are not. In states where the law required us to provide insurance, we will provide excess insurance only, up to the minimum limits required by the financial responsibility laws. The customer’s insurance will be primary. Any insurance we are required to provide applies to claims of bodily injury and property damage only and is secondary to any other valid and collectible insurance whether it is primary, secondary, excess, or contingent. Our policy contains exclusions, conditions, and limitations applicable to anyone claiming coverage. The customer agrees to cooperate with our insurer if any claim is made. Our insurance applies only in the United States and Canada. The customer must obtain written permission, and purchase special liability insurance, to use or operate the rental vehicle in Mexico. Where permitted by law, customer rejects uninsured, underinsured, supplemental, personal injury protection, and no-fault coverage. Where we are required to provide such coverage, the renter is afforded the minimum limits required by law. Any breach of this agreement will void any insurance coverage.
CUSTOMER DECLINES VEHICLE DAMAGE WAIVER:
I understand that I have been offered Vehicle Damage Waiver for my rental by Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto & RV Rental as described in Rental Agreement and I have decided NOT to purchase.
I understand that I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for any DAMAGE or LOSS to this Rental Vehicle under this Rental Agreement regardless of fault including windshield, window, tire/wheel damage, towing and storage expenses and downtime (loss of use) while the vehicle is being repaired. I understand that Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto & RV Rental has NO AGREEMENTS with my Insurance Company if any, or any Credit Card Coverage that I may have. I will immediately reimburse Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto & RV Rental for all damages and losses incurred and when applicable seek reimbursement from any third party’s insurance company. I EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZE Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto and RV Rental to contact my Insurance Company to obtain my Insurance Information, Coverage Details, Declaration Pages and I EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZE Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto and RV Rental to FILE A CLAIM ON BEHALF OF ME WHEN NECESSARY REGARDING THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT.
I understand that I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE for any DAMAGE or LOSS to this Rental Vehicle under this Rental Agreement regardless of fault including windshield, window, tire/wheel damage, towing and storage expenses and downtime (loss of use) while the vehicle is being repaired. I understand that Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto and RV Rentals has NO AGREEMENTS with my Insurance Company if any, or any Credit Card Coverage that I may have. I will immediately reimburse Dependable Used Cars LLC dba Dependable Auto and RV Rentals for all damages and losses incurred and when applicable seek reimbursement from any third party’s insurance company.
I EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZE DEPENDABLE USED CARS LLC dba DEPENDABLE AUTO AND RV RENTALS to contact with my Insurance Company to obtain my Insurance Information, Coverage Details, Declaration Pages and I EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZE DEPENDABLE USED CARS, LLC DBA DEPENDABLE AUTO AND RV RENTALS to FILE A CLAIM ON BEHALF OF ME WHEN NECESSARY REGARDING THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT.
$10.00/day by his/her initials customer accepts/declines the Partial Vehicle Damage Waiver. When the customer accepts Partial vehicle Damage Waiver, Dependable Used Cars, LLC dba Dependable Auto and RV Rentals agrees to limit customer’s financial responsibility only for his/her deductible amount of $1,000.00
I agree that my personal/business auto insurance policy will still be the primary insurance coverage on this rental and rest of the financial damages (except above-indicated deductible amount) shall be claimed to my insurance policy and or must be reimbursed immediately.
By selecting the checkbox you agree that you are in FULL compliance with our rental terms and that you understand our terms and conditions.